Feb 18, 2010

16 days!!!

I just realized that I'm only 16 days away from being married! Honestly, like most girls, I've been anticipating this day for a long time. But unlike most girls, for a very different reason!

It's amazing to think about all the nights I'd spend years back, wondering if I'd every get married, and wondering who would ever be willing to take that plunge. And now that I'm here, knowing that I will be married in 16 days, and knowing that Liz is that woman who is willing to take the leap, it feels pretty stinking AMAZING!

I guess what I can learn from all this is that, worrying and wondering about what the future holds, is a complete waste of time. It's like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it won't take you anywhere. Obviously, if I could go back in time, I'd tell myself to chill out because someday, you'll marry the girl of your dreams, but I'm not Bill nor Ted. Instead I laugh at the memory of an anxious college guy worrying and wishing.

Maybe I should try applying this lesson to other areas of my life, like my career and my finances. I can spend lots of time anxiously thinking about it, but ultimately, God has already planned it out. I just need to grab onto my most excellent wife-to-be Liz, and hold on for whatever excellent adventure God has in store.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home