Sep 12, 2009

Long live Punktual!

In high school, I was in a garage band called "Punktual". Apparently we were a punk rock band who strongly valued being on time... I was the lead singer, played guitar, and wrote the music. We weren't very good.

A couple days ago I was looking through some boxes and came across my notebook full of old lyrics. At the risk of total humiliation, I've decided to post the one that made me laugh the hardest. Here it is!

I jumped in my car and headed to the beach,
Crossing my fingers that I might see,
The perfect girl with golden hair,
Face of beauty beyond compare.

I smile at her and she smiles at me,
I go to say hi but I didn't see,
She was really smiling at her buff boyfriend.
He beat me up 'til my face looked like my end.

I pull myself up off the ground,
Only to be met by a horrible sound,
Of people pointing and laughing at me,
I ripped my shorts from the crotch to the knee.

I ran to my car, the people to my back,
To only find that my car had been jacked.
I threw my stuff down wanting to die,
Clenching my fists as I yelled to the sky.

I sat in the sand, in total despair,
Not realizing the girl standing there.
She came to me and asked what was wrong.
I laughed and said the story is too long.

She said that she had nothing but time...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home